Baby Shower Decorations

Monday, March 3, 2014


My mom and I recently made decorations for my cousin's baby shower. Everything turned out so cute (if I do say so myself). We could not have done this project without the Silhouette Cameo.

This was the inspiration - an adorable party line that my aunt Patti found at the Dollar Tree. We used the color scheme and buggy throughout the decor.


We made a miniature version of these baby blocks. We found 8"x8" white boxes at Michael's, cut out shapes on the Cameo, and used washi tape for the borders. Adorable!!



We made a banner with his name (Kaycen Laine) on it. We put a star in the middle and two large buggies on either side.


Here's the finished centerpieces. They looked like presents springing open. We glued a ribbon around white 6" x 6" boxes from Michaels. We glued the buggies and paper medallions to popsicle sticks and wooden dowels for varying heights. Mom attached covered wire to the stars so they moved around and looked like they were bursting out of the box. We used styrofoam in the middle to hold everything together. A little bit of yellow straw covered up the styrofoam. Too cute!


We used all the leftover "trash" from the cameo cuts for table confetti:


I modified a buggy cut file and Mom added punched holes to mimic the napkin. We also made coordinating paper medallions. 


Mom and my aunt Patti also spent a lot of time making pages to go into a scrapbook album. Each guest filled out a letter to the baby. The letter included sentiments like "I hope you learn _______, I hope you aren't afraid _______, I hope you grow ________". I'm sure these pages will be fun to read! All the new mom has to do now is slip those pages into the 8" x 8" album.


We had a lot of fun working together on this project. I'm very lucky to have a crafty mom!! <3

I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

21 comments :

  1. Wow, Emily, you and your mom did a fantastic job with the decorations, really creative and super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all darling projects..those boxes are so stinking adorable, and the buggy is so cute!..I tell ya that Cameo is a wonder tool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm constantly amazed by the Cameo - and I love the washi tape on the boxes!!

      Delete
  3. You all did a wonderful job! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work! Love the scrapbook page/letter to baby idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too - that book will be so cool to look through later on in life!

      Delete
  5. Love this post! I'm helping plan a baby shower for my best friend this June. I've been looking for some inspiration and this is perfect! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! Absolutely fantastic!! Love everything and the washi borders on the blocks is way fun! Great spread!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow they are fantastic items and such cute ideas too :) Wonderful idea about the scrapbook pages too will be a treasured item :) Wonderful that you both can have so much fun crafting together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina! I love crafting with Mom - I'm lucky I get to do that!

      Delete
  8. Love the decorations you made and the "table confetti"! Super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The table confetti was a happy use of leftover scraps - I was glad to find a creative way to use them.

      Delete
  9. So many fun ideas! I really love the BOY blocks and the colorful confetti. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute crafting!! And what a great idea to use the napkins as an inspiration piece. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love decorating places. I am so much into creative arts that I always take the responsibility of decorating an event space NYC for anything. It was wonderful coming across this post because I really liked the small cut outs that has been used for the decoration. Great work done here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground