Elevate - One Little Word for 2014

Monday, March 10, 2014




This year, I decided to participate in a workshop called One Little Word.  Every month, I'll receive a lesson to help me focus on, be inspired by, and remember my word for the year. This isn't a New Years resolution - it's just a way to stay focused for the year and improve your life. I've chosen "elevate" because I want to take everything in my life to the next level and make it even better than it already is - marriage, family, relationships, health, career, creativity and more.

This picture was taken from my first week of PL 2014. I wanted my word to be involved in PL throughout the year. The first week was the best place to start!


Look at this pretty "Radiant Orchid" binder. So pretty!!


I wanted a symbol for my word, so I have chosen a little mountain based off that button in the second picture. I used my Cameo software to trace the image and used digital papers to perfectly match Crate Paper's On Trend paper collection. LOVE THEM!


I got a later start on putting my book together, but there's no time like the present!


Love this little leopard print mountain. Went a little crazy on the enamel dots but they're too cute!


This is why I chose my word and my quote.


Cute little collage in the bottom corner:


Here I gave some thought to several questions - how Elevate is already in my life, what I want more of and less of this year, What I'm most afraid of this year, and what I'm most excited about this year.


My intentions for using my word throughout 2014 - 


This is a spot to record monthly thoughts or accomplishments or highs and lows. I cut up some grid paper and the small sheets will go on top of each of the patterned papers. I stuck a couple of the small sheets down in the bottom 2 pockets so you can see what it will look like.


Are you participating? What's your word?

I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

24 comments :

  1. Emily, this is just gorgeous and so well thought out. I love it! My OLW for 2014 is Balance and I need to do something scrappy about it. You've inspired me! Thank you dahling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracie! Great word - I had thought about using Balance! Glad I could inspire - can't wait to see what you come up with (I know it will be fab!)

      Delete
  2. Great choice for you OLW! Hope you accomplish your goals and have fun in the process:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irit! I'm having a great time so far :)

      Delete
  3. I've never done OLW, but the mountain image you chose for your word is so stinking cute. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of your album -- very vibrant. Best wishes as you ELEVATE throughout 2014. My word this year is BREATHE.A part of one of my favorite verses is "be still and know that I am God." If I stand still and take a moment to breathe, I think that I will make better decisions and see more of what life has to offer.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great reasons to choose BREATHE as your OLW. I wish you well on your journey!

      Delete
  5. Your album is off to a great start, Emily, love the bright, bold colors of it! I'm not taking Ali's class, but instead doing my own thing, one project each month to keep the focus on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elise! Bright and bold colors are just me so it seemed like the perfect paper collection to use. I wasn't sure if you were taking Ali's class or not, but I have been following your OLW journey as you blog it

      Delete
  6. I have never taken this class. I think its a great idea and a great word for 2014! I will be following along to see how it evolves over the year. Great start i love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! I had thought about it a couple of times, but I started PL last year and didn't want to get overwhelmed with 2 year long projects. Now that I (mostly) know what I'm doing with PL, I felt comfortable starting another year long project. And if a word has come to mind for you, it isn't too late to start!!

      Delete
  7. Not an OLW particpant but love what your word and how you have started. The embellie clusters are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie! Im really into the clusters lately and have been trying some out

      Delete
  8. Fun, love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ange! This notebook is gorgeous - the picture really doesn't do it justice.

      Delete
  9. Super cute! Love the color of that album. I haven't ever tried OLW but if I were to I think I would choose the word PRESENT. Life is so busy with getting the kids to here and there and making sure all my lists are completed each day, meeting deadlines and other commitments that sometimes I just don't feel present with my kids, husband or self for that matter. I'm glad I can recognize that for myself and I have been trying to improve :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can always keep PRESENT in your mind throughout the year. I hope that by recognizing these things, you can figure out solutions for them. I really like the OLW class so far because it's made me sit down and think about what do I want? Am I already doing some of those things? What should I start doing? What do I need to do less often? What do I need more of in my life? etc.

      Delete
  10. Love your word and the mountains are SOOOO cute! Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I am IN LOVE with those mountains.

      Delete
  11. Good choice of word this year and I agree the mountain is a good print to use for it. My little word is punctual (in better words On Time :) Have fun with this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the little mountain! Are you making anything craft for your OLW?

      Delete
  12. My One Little word is "Simplify"!! I think maybe I have taken it a little too seriously. lol But I am loving the peace it brings when I remind myself of my word. This is great idea to keep the word in front of you as a reminder. I love the mountains, perfect for your word!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground