Heidi Swapp Memory File Album Adventure - Week 2

Monday, June 3, 2013


Here's my version of week 2 of my DIY Heidi Swapp Memory File Album Adventure. The topic this week was "Quotes". I printed out several quotes on vellum, then cut them to use throughout pages 5-8.

If you'd like to catch up, here's my DIY kit for this project, and Week 1.

Here are pages 5-8 as they will be seen in the book:


page 5: I used a mask and some silver Color Shine to create the mess pattern on the memory file. I need a little practice! ;) This is the front of a Vintage Chic memory file that I cut in half.


I cut out the heart on my Cameo after estimating where to place the memory file on the cutting mat.


I created a mat out of washi tape strips, then added Color magic stars and a button.


I used a binder clip to hold the Color Pop frame and vellum paper together. The silver stars on the left are from a Recollections tape roll available at Michael's.


Here are the back of page 5 and the front of page 6 as they will appear in the book:


I made a pocket out of a 4x6 journaling card and adhered it to the memory file with washi tape. The star is a tab for a little card that pulls out of the pocket.


The card that is in the pocket:


The front of page 6 is decorated with flowers, a journaling card, and a frame. The "I heart" is visible through the heart-shaped cutout on the previous page.


I used some of Heidi's Flower Trimmings to make these flowers. I just layered them and a brad is holding them together.


I made a second smaller flower with a button center for this journaling card and frame:


This is the back of page 6: Another quote, Sunshine Trimmings, and a Color Pop frame.


page 7 is a pocket page - I misted a piece of vellum, added Heidi Swapp neon letter stickers to spell out another quote, and stapled the arrow and star onto the vellum.


The front of page 8 has 4 more quotes, each in its own frame. I used a cutout Polaroid frame, a Color Pop frame (didn't mist this one), a Creative Chaos frame, and a SMASH pad page. I added just a little something to each frame to make it stand out. I covered a large chipboard memory file with the green chevron paper from the Sugar Chic paper pad.


Sunshine Trimming:


Color Magic arrows, pink leopard banner, and phrase stickers.


Smash pad page, a cutout star from Sugar Chic, and Color Magic stars.


This is the Recolletions frame. The sunglasses are from a Sugar Chic stix package. I just took it off the wooden stick.


Hope you like my version of week 2 - what is your favorite quote?

I love reading each and every comment! 
Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

16 comments :

  1. Loving the funky feel of this book! I also really like the heart cutout/overlay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly - I love that cutout too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela :) It's been fun so far.

      Delete
  3. I love this! I cannot believe how 3 D this looks even though you have kept everything pretty flat. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! I agree, it does seem very 3D... in fact, I'm starting to get concerned about how thick this book is gonna be - I've only done 8 pages (out of 34ish!)

      Delete
  4. Wow...such beautiful pages! I have tons of favorite quotes. One is from LOTR, " All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madeline. Those are some great quotes

      Delete
  5. Love the frames and the vellum :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so great. I have color shine but have been buried under project life...I have to remember to use my color shine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I had the Color Shine for a long time before I finally used it. Not sure why I waited so long!

      Delete
  7. I love all the stars, especially the colour shine ones! I just used up my bottle of gold lame colour shine and need to get another, it's so sparkly and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too Jennifer - the gold is gorgeous!

      Delete
  8. So pretty with the vellum quotes. The frames are such a fun addtion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground