26 Books - October

Tuesday, November 10, 2015


I read quite a bit in October. I love reading on my lunch break at work. It's a much better use of my time than wasting time on my phone and it actually gives me a sense of escaping for a few minutes.


1. A book you own but haven't read
2 - a book that was made into a movie
3 - a book you pick solely because of the cover
4 - a book your friend loves
5 - a book published this year
6 - a book by an author you've never read before
7 - a book by an author you love
8 - a book at the bottom of your "to be read" pile
9 - a book with a color in the title
10 - a book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit
11 - a book you started but never finished
12 - a book with a lion, a witch, or a wardrobe
13 - a book with a female heroine
14 - a book set in the summer
15 - a book of poems
16 - a book you learned about because of this challenge
17 - a book that will make you smarter
18 - a book with a blue cover
19 - a book you were supposed to read in school. But didn't.
20 - a book "Everyone" has read but you
21 - a book with a great first line
22 - a book with pictures
23 - a book from the library
24 - a book you loved... read it again!
25 - a book that is more than 10 years old
26 - a book based on a true story 

First, I read A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler. I'm using it for #9, a book with a color in the title. The books kind of rambles quite a bit but I liked it. I'll be looking at other books by this author for sure.

Next up was The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. I'm using it for #11 because I started reading it  while on a trip last year but didn't get very far before I got sidetracked. I enjoyed another book by this author back in June. This story also shocked me at the end! 

The third book was The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler. I'm using it for #22 because there are a few drawings in the book (of tarot cards). It's sort of a mysterious book like The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It's about a family with roots in the circus industry. So good! I seem to be really into magic books this year!

When do you make time for reading?

I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

6 comments :

  1. Looks like you're headed for completion of your challenge, Emily, that's awesome! I tend to only read right before bed, but apparently that's not working out so well lately. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to read on my lunch breaks too! I love it - so much better than being on my phone or watching TV. I only get a 30 minute break with about 15 minutes to read so I'm able to do about a chapter at a time depending on the book. I'm so thankful I began setting aside time to read again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are crossing off that list lickety split. I loved The Husband's Secret, well maybe not loved but really liked. I too read at work or before bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always say I'm going to read before bed, but I forget!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground