I really can't believe 2013 is over and I've actually completed an entire year of Project Life. I love having a scrapbook full of our adventures. It's so fun to look through it and remember all the fun we had this year. It's going to be awesome to look back at this album later in life!
But I've learned a lot about my personal scrapbooking this past year. I developed a game plan last year and stuck to parts of it. I guess for me, I never know exactly how I'm going to do something until I just start it!
So here's the plan for 2014. I'm trying to simplify some things (color choices!) and make more time for other things (embellishing!) We'll see if I stick to it :)
- I'm going to do weekly spreads with my weeks going from Monday to Sunday to keep the weekends together. I'll get creative with the dates again when we go on vacations or I don't have enough to fill up 2 pages. I did 1 page per week a couple of times last year and it worked just fine.
- I'm going to use the Coral kit as my foundation kit. Basically, I'm going to use this kit to help me narrow down color choices each week. I feel like my pages are more cohesive when I pick a limited color palette and go with it for the week.
- I just started a 6 month subscription to Studio Calico's Project Life kit. I'll be using those cards and others from my stash to break up the Coral kit just a little bit. I don't want to get bored.
- I will not be pre making my weekly title cards. Last year, I made them all horizontal and renumbered them, which caused me to feel constricted. I also want to be able to choose which color/pattern of card I want to use each week.
- Speaking of which - I hope to use a little more variety this year. I have a ton of assorted pocket pages. I want to break out of my "go to" Designs A and F.
- I'm really loving white borders around my photos. That's not to say I'll never put a photo on a PL card for a little pop of color.
- I hope to use more stamps this year!
- I'm going to continue printing my pictures at home - just got a Canon Selphy CP900 a few weeks ago and I'm loving it!
- I'll be getting another extra large Pioneer 3 ring scrapbook. I just have to decide which color. Last year, I bought a super cute American Crafts album... but it was too small to hold all 52 weeks. I don't do a ton of inserts, so I really couldn't fill up 2 albums. This Pioneer album from Archiver's is perfect for me!
So what about you? What are you going to do differently this year in Project Life? If you're just starting - what's your plan?
I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and