Vinyl Cutting Board

Tuesday, December 29, 2015


I have a fun new project to show you today! Ever since Mom and I went to the first All Things Silhouette Conference, we've been wanting to try cutting vinyl with our Silhouette Cameos. We've had our machines for 3 years but have only cut paper up to this point.


The cutting board is textured on the front, but smooth on the back. I mirrored my image and text and applied them to the back of the cutting board. I used Oracal 651 so the cutting board can be washed. I I gave it to my mother-in-law for Christmas. She loved it and is mostly going to use it as decoration in her kitchen!

Have you tried vinyl? I don't know why I waited so long!

I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

4 comments :

  1. What a fun gift, and I think I'd display it too! I haven't tried cutting vinyl, but maybe I should give it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elise, it was much earlier than I thought it would be!

      Delete
  2. Oh my my Emily this is just awesomely cute! I use vinyl for mostly tee shirts for the grandbabies but also made a few non heat vinyl decorations for my dd. The cutest was for her shower doors! I have foil yet to try, mostly because I haven't found anything yet I want to make with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie! Do you have a heat press or do you use an iron for the HTV?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground