Fall Camping

Thursday, October 15, 2015


Have I mentioned that I love fall? It's my favorite season.


We took a little camping trip this past weekend. We went to Roan Mountain and it definitely felt like fall!! It was a bit rainy (mostly mist), the temperatures are cooler, and the leaves were gorgeous!


We went over to Boone on Saturday morning and saw signs for an Octoberfest at Sugar Mountain. We (obviously) had to buy matching hats to be festive.


Joe made me take a ride on the ski left (the heights freak me out!!) but it was worth it. This photo is one of my favorite photos I've ever taken... It got foggier and foggier as we went up the mountain. We were freezing on the ride down and could hardly see more than the chair in front of us!


We're nowhere near peak season down here, but it was (nearly?) peak at the top of the mountain. Check out this photo - no filter needed!!


And another selfie!!


 How are the leaves in your neck of the woods?

I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

6 comments :

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun time and beautiful photos, especially the one from the ski lift! Just a touch of fall up here, but we're headed to Asheville soon and hoping for sunshine and stunning views. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the weather cooperates with you on your trip!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a fantastic time :) So cool in the matching hats :) Wish my husband would play like that for the camera :) I'm in Awe over that mountain picture WOW gorgeious :) and the selfie is perfect for fall :) Here up in the mountains are peaked too and around here maybe another week or 2 yet Mummer's parade Saturday lookin forward to that.
    Did you see about the new Project Life challenge blog starting in Nov? Thought you might want to play along a new sketch each week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe's a pretty good sport about pictures :)
      I haven't seen that blog - what's the link??

      Delete
  3. Your photos are gorgeous Emily! We are so blessed to live here, I just love East Tennessee in the fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground