Scrapbooking: a Mini Book for a pet

Tuesday, January 29, 2013


My husband had a dog (Gruffy) for almost 12 years. I only knew Gruffy for about 3 years. It was very difficult for me to adjust to having a dog in the house, but in the end he grew on me. He was sweet. When Gruffy passed away last year, I wanted to gather photos and make a mini book about him.

I used a cardboard 6x6 mini book and 3" rings. I found a paw print scrapbook paper at Hobby Lobby and used that as the basis for my color scheme. I mostly used papers that look like burlap, wood, and plain colors.

I covered a chipboard 'G' and inked around the edges for the front cover of the book.

pet scrapbook

I kept most pages pretty simple and let the photos tell the story. I used word stickers, borders, washi tape, embellishments, punches, brads, cutouts from several scrapbooking lines, and banners.

I used some of my favorite Thickers on this page.

pet scrapbook

I created a word cloud here.

pet scrapbook

Here's one of my favorite Instagram shots of Gruffy.

pet scrapbook

Here he is at Joe's parents house... he wasn't allowed on furniture but he was always sneaking onto the couch when no one was around!

pet scrapbook

Gruffy had just been to Pet Smart that day and got prettied up.

pet scrapbook

Here's Gruffy when we moved him to our house after our honeymoon.

pet scrapbook

Here he is coming up the back steps at Joe's parents house.

pet scrapbook

Cutest picture ever taken of Gruffy, in my opinion - look at that face! :)

pet scrapbook

I used a punch from Stampin' Up to create this banner.

pet scrapbook

Washi tape looks great on simple pages.

pet scrapbook

Here's Gruffy all loaded up in the front seat of the truck.

pet scrapbook

The veterinarian made a paw print of Gruffy. It's the sweetest little momento. His paw was so big!

pet scrapbook

Have you ever made a book about your pet?

I love reading each and every comment! 
Be sure to keep up with me on
  Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

4 comments :

  1. RIP Gruffy!!! This is cute I want to make one for sophie and Jaycie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's some cute cat stickers out there too! And all kinds of puppy stuff. :)

      Delete
  2. What a great book to remember Gruffy!! I like that cute picture the best, too.
    I have 2 books for my cat. One is a small brag book I got from Walmart after I adopted him in 2006 and then I have an 8x8 I am still working on. And countless layouts in my regular scrapbooks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pets are part of the family - you have to put them in your scrapbooking :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground