Foxfire Mountain

Monday, January 21, 2013


Joe and I went camping in Pigeon Forge, TN a couple of weekends ago (the temp was in the 70's during the day - in January!). We ventured off to see the "longest swinging bridge in the U.S." at Foxfire Mountain in Sevierville. The bridge wasn't as high as I thought it would be, and I'm kind of glad - I'm afraid of heights.


(Here's a looks-scarier-than-what-it-really-is picture)

Before we went across the swinging bridge, 
we were instructed to write a wish on a piece of paper.



After you cross the bridge you reach Prosperity Mountain. There are
cairns (little man-made stacks of rocks) everywhere. 
You could make your own cairn for good luck, but we didn't.



We tied our wishes on the ceiling of the covered bridges.



 Fun day!



I love reading each and every comment! 
Be sure to keep up with me on
  Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground