How to make monthly onesie stickers on the silhouette cameo

Monday, April 15, 2013


Sorry I'm a little late posting this - I originally said I was going to post it last week, but life got in the way! Click on the pictures to make them bigger and easier to see. As I do more Cameo related posts, I'm adding the pictures and links to my Pinterest board. Check it out!

I made some monthly onesie stickers to coordinate with the baby book I made for a friend. I used an older scrapbooking line, Basic Grey's Oh! Baby Girl. I was able to find digital papers online at Basic Grey's store, so the stickers are the same patterns found in the baby book. I used the Silhouette white sticker paper and the print and cut feature to make the stickers.


First I imported the digital scrapbooking papers into my Silhouette Library. I then set up my Silhouette page for a sheet of 8.5"x11" sheet of sticker paper, and added the registration marks.


Then I added a cut file of a circle and duplicated it so that there were 4 circles on the page. If you made them a bit smaller, you might be able to get more circles on the page and use 1 less sheet of sticker paper.


Then I selected a circle and opened the fill pattern window. I scrolled down to the bottom to see My Patterns and selected one of the digital papers. At this point, you can go to Advanced Options and change the scale of the pattern if you want to make it bigger or smaller.


Next, I added text to spell out '1 month'. (This is shown on an empty circle so it is easier for you to see).  You can choose the size and font you want. Then I selected the text and opened the fill color window. I used black to fill in the writing, but you can choose whatever color you want.


Open the cut style window and select your text in each circle. Click 'no cut' and make sure that only the circles have red cut lines.


Repeat the steps for each circle (1-12 months). 


Now you're ready to print and cut! Put the white sticker paper into your printer and click the 'send to Silhouette' button. Click the option to 'print now'.


After it's finished printing, put the sticker paper onto your Cameo cutting mat. Allow the Silhouette to automatically detect the registration marks. Then change your settings and select 'printable sticker paper' and cut!


I then cut a library pocket to store the stickers in. Before I cut it, I added 3 onesie cuts to the front of the pocket.


The final outcome is adorable!



I love reading each and every comment! 
Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

9 comments :

  1. Very cute! Can't wait to get this machine, your having way to much fun with yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! Are you getting yours soon? You won't regret it!

      Delete
  2. These are so cute, fantastic idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post Emily :) I can't wait to try out your DIY on my Cameo. It's so cool because you can use these basic steps to really customize this idea to whatever you need it to be. Playing with different shapes would be really fun! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! Yes, you could do a lot with this idea - we could even make our own scrapbooking/ smashbook stickers

      Delete
  4. Really cute. So they are just stickers? Not meant to be ironed on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it,you are a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and may come back very soon. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great job, have a nice weekend. woman silhouette wall stickers uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground