October, November, and December Book Report

Thursday, January 4, 2018


I had a goal to read 48 books in 2017 and ended up finishing 42 books. I think 48 was a great goal because it pushed me and encouraged me throughout the year. I had 3 books I was still reading and 1 audiobook but am going to count them towards my 2018 goal of 60 books! 48 would have been doable if I hadn't taken a couple months off from reading. I need a stretch goal and 60 is it.


The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson was a funny little book. I loved all the little coincidences that happened throughout.

This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel was so good... It's about a family's journey to figure out a transgender child... they figure out how to let their child be herself while addressing the whole family's well being.

Bear Town by Fredrick Backman was a bit slow to start but I'm glad I stuck with it because it's SO GOOD. It's about hockey - and yet it isn't. Read it.

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas is a YA novel about a teenage girl that is trapped between two worlds and witnesses a fatal shooting. I don't normally read YA novels but this one kept popping up and getting such good reviews. It was great.

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeymoon is going to be made into a movie and I can totally see why - it's charming and fun! Eleanor doesn't know that life can and should be more than just "fine" and this story documents how she figures that out. Loved it!

The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict is a book I put on my list quite a while ago and it came up in Overdrive for me to borrow. It was so interesting - I had no idea that Albert Einstein's wife played such a big role in his theories (I'm not sure I even know he was married really).

Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan was hard to follow at the beginning - so many names! - but I stuck with it and I'm glad I did. I have more of his books in the queue on Overdrive.

Instructions for a Heatwave by Maggie O'Farrell popped up on my radar and I was able to borrow it quickly. I read it very quickly and although I didn't like the ending (!) it was great.

Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng was so, so good!

The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey was SO CREEPY! Like I didn't want to read it before bed, but I HAD to know what was happening. So weird and so good and I want to read more from this author.

The Alice Network by Kate Quinn is about female spies and it was good and interesting. A bit unbelievable but cool.

China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan is #2 in the Crazy Rich Asians series. It was very fast paced and a quick read.

I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground