May June and July Book Report

Thursday, August 30, 2018


I've fallen a little behind on my goal of 60 books this year... but anything can happen, right?


First up was Modern Lovers by Emma Straub. It was a quick and easy beach sort of read.

Ya'll know I'm obsessed with WWII books and I totally loved We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter. When I read these books, I constantly ask myself if I would be able to endure this and if I would be strong enough.... I really don't know.

I needed to read a lighter book after such a heavy one, so I read This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance! by Jonathan Evison - it was so cute! And my jaw dropped a couple of times when a bombshell dropped. I think this was a free Amazon First read.

I listened (on Audible) to Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done by Jon Acuff. Good stuff. My biggest takeaways were reframing your goals - what if you extended the timeline? Or cut your goal in half?

I borrowed The Blinds by Adam Sternberg and it was really cool. It's about a community made up of criminals who have been given a second chance.

Next up was The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin. SO GOOD!! It's about 4 siblings whose lives were impacted by a fortune teller's prophecy. I couldn't put it down.

I listened (on Audible) to The Obesity Code by Jason Fung. I'll admit, this one took a while. It's very scientific and a bit boring at times - but packed with good info.

Then I read An American Marriage by Tayari Jones. Wow! I can't imagine this happening to me when I first got married.

What's the best book you read this summer?

I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground